White Wearer


Since I am a clumsy person who loves food, I’ve learned to take precautions with my wardrobe choices, which pretty much boils down to not wearing white very often. I do have a few cream/eggshell tops and a couple white dresses, but I only don them when I know they’ll be coming off in just a few (meal-less) hours. Wearing white definitely constitutes more planning on my part than usual. 

But guess who decided to put her big girl pants on and wore white to brunch anyway? This gal! Bonus points for not spilling a speck of food on my pristine sweater, which remained pristine for the rest of the day which was spent antiquing! It’s like I’ve finally mastered the act of shoveling food into my mouth! I dunno about you, but in my book that warrants a huge Huzzah!

I wore this sweater + Hello Kitty bodycon combo to brunch with B at TheMud House, which is nestled in the middle of the Antique Row in Cherokee.  I had The English Breakfast and B Dat Hash. We shared a glass of lavender lemonade while enjoying the warm and homey feel of the small café. Then we scoured our favorite antiques haunts for a dresser to put in my closet/craft space/office since B was getting tired of looking at the super lame-o box I was using as temporary storage. And yup, I still looked clean at the end of the day!

14 comments:

  1. I would have spilled all over myself. Like everywhere. I'm proud of you - you're totally working the white!


    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats. I have to wear white shirts for work and I can't tell you how many have been ruined by coffee and food stains. You'd think that I'd have learned how to eat over five decades...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should not have looked at this before breakfast. So delicious. And, where did you find that awesome Hello Kitty skirt? It's like the British flag and Hello Kitty are partying. So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I like the pristine cleanness of white but don't have a lot of it for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha I never wear white. It's such a pain in the arse! That BREAKFAST though. HOLY YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. THANK YOU! I was super afraid of spilling, but then I gave up trying to be prim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks! Oh man, you must have laundering down to a tee, because that is still something I don't know how to do properly...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe I forgot to put the outfit deets... The skirt is actually a bodycon dress I got from TJ Maxx a couple of years ago, but just never worn. It's a total British HK party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you, Beth! It WAS scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. White is such a tricky, tricky color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sure is! I'm gonna try not to push my luck too much and not wear it too often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never wear white for those reasons too, I am destined to spill things on myself or my children get my clothes dirty with their hands. You look gorgeous, love this look :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm like you. I never understand people who buy cream couches. Like, SERIOUSLY??

    ReplyDelete
  14. CREAM COUCHES! GAH-- they're so pretty, but my cats would attack it/make it dirty. :( Oh, and I would too.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥