When in Kansas City

Some snaps from the impromptu overnight trip B and I took to Kansas City a couple weeks back. We indulged in yummy BBQ ribs (accompanied by onion rings! and slaw for B, bleh) and then spent the rest of our short time there exploring the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art and the area near our hotel which was filled with loads of antique shops, bookstores, and food joints. After a lovely dinner with a colleague, B and I ended our trip with a late night pizza party at our hotel while watching episode after episode of Flip or Flop. 

15 comments:

  1. I love that sign. It's true, the secret ingredient is always cheese!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I totally agree with that sign about the cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONION RINGS. I love onion rings. They're also hard to make at home (and not worth the greasy kitchen!) so I love indulging in them when we're out, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those look some great ribs - always good going to a new place and finding some local BBQ places!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great snaps! Those food pics made me hungry - lucky it is a lunch time soon ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great pictures! Glad you enjoyed your trip. A few years back, I visited KC and Memphis for a BBQ tour (ten places in five days).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, I miss America so much. You guys look like you had so much fun and goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CHEESE IS A MIRACLE INGREDIENT

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I do too. I was super obsessed with them at one point when I was still dating B that whenever we went out, that's all we ate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they really were! Dry rub and so very tender YUM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, that food looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the road trip editions of your blog posts. You guys need to have a knack for discovered the pretty, quirky...and delish everywhere you visit and I love the little peekaboo into a new city!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥