Olio

B and I stumbled upon Olio while finding alternate routes home. The building is an old oil station from the 1930's, renovated to look modern and totally eyecatching. When we stepped inside, we were greeted with a warm and rustic atmosphere with a hint of earthy and bohemian. We chose to sit outside, despite the forecast for rain, since we would have the patio all to ourselves. 

We started with some drinks as we perused their menu. B had The Ankle Breaker: Demerara 151, cherry liqueur, and lemon. And I had the El Diablo: tequila, cassis, lime, and ginger bear. Olio serves beautifully presented, rustic, and tasty Mediterranean food-- to our delight. B and I shared a few tiny plates: Burrata with Stone Fruit and Prosciutto (my favorite); Hummus; and a meat and cheese plate that had a yummilicious fennel relish that I reluctantly had to share with B. 

For dessert we split a teeny key lime pie in a jar, which wasn't the best, but satiated that craving for something sweet I have after every meal. 

8 comments:

  1. All that food looks so delicious. I love Prosciutto too!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love places that have a totally awesome feel to them. and the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I would totally eat there! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...between that dip and those drinks. I can't decide what looks tastier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a place called that near me, but it not even close to the same thing (it's a swanky place we rarely go because we are poor people) Anyway I like yours better because a) burrata b) hummus and all of the bread

    ReplyDelete
  6. You two are just the cutest! Honestly i love those rustic types of eateries. It's so beautiful. And burrata cheese is always a MUST :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little place! I love dinners like this. Like Larie calls them-picnic dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that cheese and meat plate looks YUM!!!! being in the architecture business, that building sounds very cool.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥