One Suitcase Wonder

A couple weeks ago, I went to Iowa for a week to train for my new job. Since I was going to be traveling by myself (as in, B wasn't going to be there to carry my luggage) I insisted on packing everything I was going to wear in an overnight bag (the one you see in the photo above). People freaked. I thought it wasn't a big deal. And I took photos to prove IT CAN BE DONE. Spoilers: I cheated. But not really.
Exhibit A. My traveling outfit. Kensie top, H&M skirt, Target sandals
Exhibit B: Urban Outfitters top, H&M cami and pants, DWS sandals
Exhibit C: I had to get some cheap-o plimsolls because we were touring a factory that required close-toed shoes. I also bought a cheapo men's tee because I didn't want any of my tops ruined (Just in case) I did tote my H&M denim though.
Exhibit D: Mossimo top, H&M denim, DSW sandals
Exhibit E: Casual Friday & my going home outfit. While looking for a cheap-o shirt for the factory tour, I also snagged another cheap-o skull shirt that I wore for the trip home, which means, I still had 2 extra potential "outfits" that I didn't even touch at the end of the week. Paired with my H&M skirt and Target sandals. 

VERDICT: It is TOTES possible to pack everything I need for one week in an overnight bag. I managed to bring my underwear for 6 days, 2 sets of jammies, 2 sets of workout clothes, 2 pairs of sandals, a pair of running shoes, a skirt, a pair of jeans, a pair of pants, 4 tops (plus 2 I bought and toted home). I carried a larger than usual purse where I packed my liquids, makeup, books, and ipad. I didn't have to check anything in, wait for my luggage at the carousel, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. 

19 comments:

  1. I'm impressed! The thing that always leads me to do a checked bag is the liquids. I just always have too many liquids for a carry on. It's a serious problem!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed too! I am the worst packer. I love the second outfit, it looks so put together but also veeerrrrry comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! That's awesome that you fit everything in one overnight bag! I love all the outfits you brought too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome that you were able to pull it off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! I do this every time I travel. As God is my witness, I shall never have my luggage lost by an airline again! Unless, obviously, if the whole plane goes down with me in it. But, in that scenario I think I have bigger problems than lost luggage. :D

    Really well done. I have to say, that's a load of outfits in one carry on. Did you have any trouble fitting the extra outfits in on the way home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to pack light, too, because of the whole transport issue, haha. And I just feel less overwhelmed when I have less options while I'm traveling. Good job!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. NICE! You did good! I had to pack light for this college road trip too. It's so much easier with less choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you! I was banking on them having a drugstore closeby so I could get shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in case the hotel didn't have ones I wanted (they had awesome ones). And I bought travel sizes for my cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! That second outfit was SUPER COMFY. I could've plopped onto bed after work wearing that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. UGH-- seriously a huge reason why I hate checking stuff in. That and having to wait for my luggage! and nope-- I had enough space to carry all my other stuff back home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY! Seriously-- traveling light makes for lesser headaches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks! You're right-- less choices, less headache ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gah! That must be like the tardis of all carry on bags.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done!! Nice mixing and matching. I love outfit B which looks slouchy and comfortable but still work-appropriate. You look ready to conquer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good packing job, I am a notorious over packer! I can't travel without my moisturizer (which comes in a huge jar), makeup, perfume, leave in conditioner, brush, and in case of emergency supplies (like medicine). Oh and also you are a babe, I love every outfit you are wearing, you look so chic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like that! I shall now refer to that outfit as my "conquering outfit"

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks, Rachel! <3 I buy sample/travel sizes more often just for this reason!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥