The problem with leopard

leopard top: thrifted
denim: H&M
knit jacket: Old Navy
sandals: DSW

Leopard is one of those prints that I've just never been able to incorporate into my own sense of style. In fact, it's only since I started blogging that I've even dabbled in it. I started out with a pair of leopard heels, then leopard accessories like bows and scarves, then I got bold and found a faux fur coat. The only one of those items I still have in my possession is that ridiculously pimpin' coat (which I cannot, for the life of me, seem to part with) and this tank that I'm wearing in this post, which was worn last year.

Last year. I know. Isn't that insane? 

I can't even imagine how lonely it gets just sitting in my closet. But you see, the problem with leopard is that , for the most part, it's just not me. I'm waiting until the winter to decide if I can pull of a leopard coat, so I imagine we'll visit this topic again then. However, after wearing it this tank one last time, I've decided to part ways with it. I tried! 

14 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous. I love leopard print, it's awesome :))) Suits you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I am not able to get enough of leopard! I really want to see this coat you speak of...


    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love leopard! In small does though. I prefer it in things like scarves and gloves, although I do have a coat too! But I have to be in the right mood to wear it. I think the top looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same as you! I want to try to wear some prints, but I feel like they're just not me. I was thinking maybe leopard pumps would be a nice thing to try - classic and not TOO much of a statement. I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have issue with leopard even worse than you - I don't even have it in closet even in tiny detail. So I get you.
    but you look lovely - may be you don't go with leopard but leopard definitely does with you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love leopard print. It looks so amazing on other people and I am always drawn to leopard prints when shopping but I have found that I only ever really utilize it in small doses like shoes or a belt. I have several other pieces in my closet and as much as I love them I just don't really feel right when I put them on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And you wear it so well! And this is the coat I'm talking about... http://www.theblogofworldlydelights.com/2013/02/leopard-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think gloves would be adorable! Maybe I can wear that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think so too-- but they'd have to be textured. I saw some really pretty spotted white wedge booties earlier that were kinda snow leaopard-ish. Those I think I could wear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, well now I only have ONE leopard piece. And thanks so much, Lyosha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's weird right? for me, it's like leopard makes me feel like someone I'm not. It's such a pretty pattern though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's true. I've never noticed until now you don't really wear it. Funny when you think about it because it's basically a print of a big cat. If you don't like it don't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahahaha, I was thinking that the whole time I was writing this post. But I guess my tastes lean more towards actual silhouette/cartoons of kittens, rather than prints.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥