Guardians of the Galaxy

skirt: selfmade
tee: GAP
sandals: DSW
necklace: Forever 21

A while back, B and I took a day off to see Guardians of the Galaxy since our super rad comic book guy saved us a couple of advance screening passes. For a movie about a bunch of Marvel B-listers, I was surprised at the huge turnout. The line started forming a good 2 hours before the movie, and thank goodness we thought to get there way early and brought our comics with us to pass the time. 

On the topic of comics vs. comics movies, I get asked quite often how I feel about movie adaptations, especially because I take my comics reading seriously. (It can't be helped when your educational training is on dissecting and gleaning meaning from, well, anything) As I take it, each title-- comics or movie-- has a target audience and a goal. Businesses want to make money off of that audience, so obviously they will appeal to what they like. I understand that when I see a new comics movie that hams up their characters or have meh, unremarkable plot lines. That said, I take it one title at a time. I read for pleasure just as much as I watch, and I can understand when continuity becomes a deterrent of good story. 

10 comments:

  1. You handle print to screen adaptations a lot better than I do...I've lost count of the number of times I've become enraged over the matter. I may have a rage problem.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely said! I haven't seen the movie yet. I never expect a movie to be just like the book I've read. If you go in with that expectation you don't get as disappointed haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that necklace, Laura!


    I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy. We don't watch a lot of movies nowadays. I guess I don't really have the attention span any more! And I like to be at home where I can pause it and go get more food...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your skirt! Guardians of the Galaxy was just OK for me, although I did love the 80s music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That panda skirt is fab. I may be biased bc my favorite dress is covered in panda faces

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA! I used to get mad over awful movie adaptations too. SO many books ruined...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Confession: I only go to the theater for comic book movies these days. It's like I'm 10 or something. AND also for the same reasons do I prefer staying in: food and pausing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought it was just OK in the regular screening. I thought the 3D version was MUCH better! And the music was totes fun!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥