Put a knot on it

dress, worn as skirt: H&M
cat tee: Threadless
booties: Urban Outfitters
purse: Juicy Couture, with Gladee's charm

Let me share with you 3 ways on how to make a guys' tee fit 3 different ways:
1. You cuff the sleeves-- as in this post
2. You fold the bottom hem-- like I did in this post

or 3. You cuff the sleeves and shorten it by tying a knot. This is as close to a crop top as I've ever dared, and I'm liking the results.

Quick story: while lunching with colleagues and talking about kids, family, etc, I got asked, "Do you have any cats?" I jumped to the conclusion that since I hadn't offered any info about having kids, this person had relegated me as "cat lady," and I was genuinely startled when I asked, "why would you think that?"

She responded, sarcastically, with "Why would I think that? Laura, you have so many cat clothes and your cube is full of cat pictures."

I am so unaware of how transparent I can be. 

15 comments:

  1. I've never seen someone mix cat prints with such ease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...bless you :) You look marvellous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, Laura. That is hilarious. Perhaps you should start wearing, say, tiger prints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww... kitty-kitty-kitty! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL hahahahaha! That is hilarious! So I wonder if your cube was full of unicorns if she'd ask the same question? Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hysterical. Sometimes, its the hardest to see ourselves with unconditional clarity and the insights others glean off of us can just be so surprising. I do love this outfit paired with these booties. Did the booties bother your ankles at all? Any kind of rubbing or anything? Were you wearing any kind of ankle socks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Laura, you ARE a cat lady. But not the kind that smells bad and doesn't own a brush. More like the new hipster-ish kind of cat lady. The fashionable cat lady, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I giggled out loud at your cat lady story. By putting together a cartoon cat print and a lifelike cat one, it gives your outfit this kind of irreverent vibe that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You truly have so many cute cat clothes, I love them all so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. How do you know I have tigers?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like wearing socks when I wear booties just because I get grossed out when there isn't an air "outlet", ya know? I do wear dark ankle socks so they don't show :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. HIPSTER cat lady. I don't know whether to be amused or insulted ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! Linked to it on mine!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥