Table napkins

sheer shirt, culottes: H&M
necklace: gifted, Forever 21
sandals: DSW

The weekend before, B got sick, so we stayed in and just chilled. I caught whatever he had and pretty much felt crappy all week last week before finally giving up and calling in sick on Friday. While recuperating, I spent some time re-evaluating the good ol' blog and decided to give her a facelift, because what else can one do when covered in blankets and sweaters, stuffed up and dizzy-like?

It's so gloomy and rainy outside as I type, so naturally I'm craving sunshine and warmth. These sandals I've worn to death all summer are now pushed to the back of my closet, and the booties and close-toed flats are coming out to play. I'm hoping sweaters look good with culottes because I want to wear this pair a few more times before it gets relegated to the "warm weather" pile in the basement. Or before I get tempted to cut it up and make them into table napkins. The pattern would be lovely as table napkins!

9 comments:

  1. Nooo, don't make napkins! I like them! As pants! LOL. Hope you're feeling better now! The weather here is weird desert weather; it's cold in the mornings and evenings (we had to turn the heat on in the car), but in the day time, it gets up to 80 and is quite warm. It makes it hard to get dressed and going in and out of heat/AC all day is bound to make people sick, I feel. URGH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! I haven't been sick this year yet, but I usually get a nasty cold before the end of the year. Usually after flying, and that's this weekend. Going to visit Marky wahoo! I like these pants! I think the pattern is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Culottes have really had a spotlight the past couple of seasons. I hope both of you are felling better, and wish you a peaceful rest of the week./Madison
    Ethical Beauty of Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling better, thanks, but still ache-y :( It's so strange that you guys still are getting up to the 80s that far north! It's been mid 50s here and I've already busted out my coats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, Tracy! Hope you have a beautiful time visiting her! I'm sure I'll get a treat just looking at your future IG posts! Disney trip?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Madison! Hope you have a beautiful week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you got sick. That's some suckage right there. It's the season for it isn't it? I've been battling it off myself non-stop for the past month. Every time I think I've beaten it back and have conquered it, I'll wake up with a sneezy nose.

    I think these cute culottes will be workable all winter long. Fitted, long sleeve sweaters with a crewneck and a button down collar popping out of the top and the untucked hem peeping from the bottom. Or a fitted long sleeve mock turtleneck with a long cardigan that you belt in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are better doll...not good to get sick really. These trousers look gorgeous on you and I really love the shade of blue as well, blue is my favourite colour :)) I hope you rest well and have a enjoyable week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm liking your recent culottes style and I don't want to see these go! But I agree, the fabric would look double beautifully as table napkins. I'm picturing crisp and clean white dinnerware and mismatched glass vases with wildflowers, set on a picnic table outdoors...

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥