Warmer Upper

When the weather is all poopy, I like to wrap myself up in bundles and then head on out in search of soup. Arguably, I can skip the layering and make soup myself at home, but I can't quite master Thai and Vietnamese soups AND it's a treat when I don't have to wash my own dishes. 

My go-to warmer-upper is Pho, and I usually get it with tripe and all sorts of beef and fish balls. But lately, I've been branching out to try other soups, and I think I've found my favorite soup of all. I present: the chicken and noodle Tom Yum soup from Thai Pizza on The Delmar Loop.

Tom Yum is spicy, tangy, and very lemongrassy. Just for good measure, I add a bit more spice and make the broth even redder and my nose even runnier. This bowl is huge, so I usually take half home, but when it's rainy and chilly, you bet I'll be downing every single last drop of this goodness.

11 comments:

  1. i love pho and i loooooove tom yum soup. they are perfect for rainy chilly days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a love hate thing with soup, sometimes I find it so boring, but I think I just haven't found the right soup to win me over. Admittedly, that soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tom Yum soup! This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Tom Yum noodle soup, too! There used to be a few good places back in Seattle, but I haven't branched out here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooooove soup. I have never had Pho, though. There were lots of Ramen places near my friend's house in LA, but I didn't try any of those either. I want delicious soups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUMMMM. I love soup period as the weather cools! I've never had this! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooooove the sound of this soup. I haven't found anywhere that makes something like this. Enjoy a bowl for me, please? I can't master these types of soups either. Really loves me flumoxed because I love them. Wonder what it is that makes it so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds and looks amazing, I need some :))))) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like the perfect autumn pick-me-up. Lemongrass is just the most divine ingredient, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥