But I still get dressed!

kimono: Macy's
denim: H&M
sandals: Target

Though I'm reluctant to wear an actual coat still, it's finally feeling like winter is here. All I want to do once I wake up is go back to bed, and after getting off work, I really would want to just snuggle up on the couch and binge watch movies until I fall asleep. Throughout the day, thoughts of cozying up with a cup of tea and a good book fill my head, as well as projects to knit, to sgraffito, to sew up. 

Admittedly, I haven't been spending too much time on the interwebs lately because B and I have gone back to pottery, and I'm now so obsessively immersed in sgraffito, which means "to scratch" in Italian. Basically, it's a technique used in decorating pottery that involves carving marks on the clay surface. I've been playing with underglazes, decorative slip, and trying my hand at different tools. I'm sure they'll be popping up on my Instagram feed soon enough.  

I've also picked up knitting again and since then have finished a throw and a couple of pillow poufs. I'm determined to make myself an assortment of hats and a big, chunky scarf within the next couple of weeks, so I've been scouring patterns on Ravelry and gawking at yarn. 

But I still get dressed! And I've got photos as proof.

18 comments:

  1. It's winter here that's for sure. And I want to learn how to knit! I don't know how, but I want to make scarves and hats too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally pushed myself to learn about a year ago, and I wish I did it earlier! It's opened up a new world of awesome! AND it's really easy once you get a hang of the types of stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is full on winter here (the ground is covered in snow and it's -16 celsius as I write this) and I am just in full on hibernation mode. I hate that I have to haul myself into work today! BTW, you look totally amazing in these photos. I love that lace detail.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to learn pottery. i remember when you shared your creations - so lovely to have in the home and to gift to friends and family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're having fun with your creative hobbies! Winter is definitely on its way here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started some pottery classes years ago and truly did enjoy it. Unfortunately, I didn't get as far as it sounds you guys have before I moved. Now, horses are my life. All I want to do all day is play with horses. :) I love your top. It's super girly and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT'S TIME FOR ME TO BUY MORE YARN, TOO. I like to shop Knitpicks's sale, which is every year around this time. Nice squishy ones. I want to make myself a poncho next, and maybe some more hats to give as gifts. I can spend hours looking at patterns and yarn, ugh.


    I STILL LOVE THAT KIMONO. Especially the gorgeous sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa knitting master. I'm lucky to finish one lopsided scarf per year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool, I can't knit to save my life. Love your hair :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Courtney! It's supposed to snow tonight, so I guess it's "winter" here now too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure am! They're taking a lot of my time lately! Wish there were more hours in the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhhh! I want to go play with the horsies! I've only ridden a horse a couple times in my child life, and I wish I did more of that. I am loving pottery a lot more now, especially since I've started sgraffito!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to check out knitpick! I am planning on making a hat this weekend, so I need to learn how to use DP needles now -_- I love that shawl you made! You're so profesh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HA! I wish I was close to being a knitting master. I know 2 stitches. That hardly qualifies me as an amateur.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm, in that case if you have any amateur-friendly patterns you want to share, please do! 2 stitches are all I know as well. I'm also pretty good at casting on, but not so much casting off. That's usually when I bring my projects to my mom and make puppy dog eyes at her until she pit me and finishes it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hand-knitting is such a great skill to have, I got back to it recently, although machine knitting used to be my favourite. Love the peek of lace on your sleeves. :) Enjoy your week!
    The Darkest Days

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy gorge!! Love this look head to toe.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥