Ombre

striped tank: Banana Republic
skirt: Forever 21
kimono: Macy's
necklace: Nordstrom
booties: Urban Outfitters

It's nice to finally be posting these pictures. I've been entertaining visiting family for the bulk of the past week, and my laptop was on its last legs, so blogging hasn't been high on the totem pole of priorities lately. But I have been wanting to show you pictures of my ombred hair that remained ombre for a total of, oh, 3 weeks. 

I love the idea of lightened hair against my natural dark strands, but have never really trusted anyone else to lighten my hair to a shade I actually want. I bought a box of L'Oreal Ombre Touch, the one that comes with a teeny wand that you swipe along whatever strand you'd like to lighten. I was really surprised at how light my hair lifted AND that the streaks came out really clean, as in, it didn't transfer onto strands I didn't want them transferred onto. 

I loved my ombre hair curled-- much more so than when I left it straight-- and it was for that reason that I went back to having one plain-o shade. I just can't be bothered to curl my hair everyday!

18 comments:

  1. I've really been wanting to try out those kits....seeing how great yours came out makes me think I need to take the plunge!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Your hair looks gorgeous! And I love the kimono. I've been admiring them on a lot of people lately - I think I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's fun! I get ya though. I had ombre hair. I did manage to hang on to it for almost a year before I went back to my one colour life but I could never go back and it seems to have really tainted my perception of all over highlights somehow. I therefore predict, I'll be a one colour gal for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ombre hair looks great on you even if it didn't last long! I also love this outfit. Your black kimono is super pretty.



    Jamie | www.petitepanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh! i looks so nice! you look amazing! :) only if we can wave a wand and have curls with ombre one minute and straight the other :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty look! I would love to try out the ombre hair trend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your hair! Looks so good! And I love kimonos too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks, Tracy!!! Kimonos are sooooo easy to wear-- I wish I had more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Heather! I have been wanting to ombre my hair forever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks, Jane! Oh I wish I could just curl my hair instantaneously! It really doesn't take me that long-- 15 mins tops, if I'm really careful-- but UGH I would much rather sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks, Jamie! At least I have pictures, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on keeping it for a year! It just drove me insane when I didn't curl my hair. You do have a natural curl/wave to your hair though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks, Larie! I think you need one (or a few) too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would LOVE to see you with ombre'd hair!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do and you're so right. My natural wave and curl made it look best. The only trouble was, if my hair wasn't freshly washed it's fine enough to go straight and the blonder bits added a dimension of dirtiness to it. It was a complicated formula for existence hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are really making me want to try out the ombre trend. It would be a good first time dye job I think, but maybe not. Have fun with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your hair look superb and kimono is very pretty!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you did an outstanding job on your hair! I wouldn't have guessed it wasn't a professional job. Great booties! I like the photo from the back. You are OWNING that street!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥