Happy Holidays!


Happy Christmas, everyone! I hope that you have some awesome relaxing time to do the things you want to do and be with the ones you love this season. I had to work this Christmas Eve, but I managed to duck out earlier than anticipated and watched B work his magic in the kitchen prep a cornucopia of delicious appetizers: chevre stuffed mushrooms, teriyaki basil meatballs, tapenade, and shrimp cocktail with homemade cocktail sauce. I am such a lucky duck to be married to such an awesome person.

Our Christmases are pretty low key, usually involving lots of homecooked food and movie-watching. And that's how we like it. Decor-wise, I like to keep it simple and mostly cat-proof, so no tree skirts or banners, hanging wreaths or bunting. We learned the hard way. It's also a miracle they haven't jumped on the tree to play with the ornaments! Speaking of ornaments, a few of my favorite ones are these fox plushies and this cute, frosted birdhouse. 

I'm off to go watch more Venture Bros and nibble on homemade peppermint chocolate cookies. I hope you and your loved ones have a beautiful holiday!

14 comments:

  1. Well, your Christmas decor is a-DORBS. I particularly love that little birdie!! Enjoy what sound like tastiness (well done B!) and all your movies. I'm about to hunt out all the Christmas movies with my On Demand thingy. I'm sure the kids will want to kill me by the end of the day but we're making memories dang it!! :D Merry Christmas guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cats were being so good with all our Christmas decorations this year...until I found the two puddles of pee behind the Christmas tree last night. And on carpeted floor no less. Sigh. You gotta love cats.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas Laura!! I hope you have a fabulous day! And thank you so much for the Christmas Card! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely decorations! Wanted to send my greetings as another St Louis blogger! Merry Xmas and just wanted to tell you I loved your blog!
    xx www.russiandressing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your tree! we are definitely on the same decorating wavelength, and those foxes are too cute

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a beautiful day, Laura! We're low key and usually make a day around cooking and relaxing, too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your holiday decor looks fantastic! Merry merry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing doll, am glad you enjoyed yourself. I hope the New Year is bliss for you too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you had a lovely christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Our kitties have batted bulbs and knocked over the tree in the past, but luckily, we stick with a pretty small one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy holidays! Your Christmas sounds lovely! I had to work Christmas Eve too, which makes Christmas Day feel slightly less Christmas-y. Nothing a boatload of food and drinks can't overcome! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Christmas Eve appetizer feast sounds amazing! Men who cook are pretty fantastic. I nabbed one too. I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your cute cat-proof Christmas tree too. I hope you had an awesome holiday!


    Jamie | www.petitepanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Christmas decor looks lovely Laura. Happy New Year. I hope 2015 brings lots of wonderful things your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas Laura! I'm happy you enjoyed your holiday downtime. How could you not, surrounded by such pretty decor and what sounds like some mouthwatering treats. All the best for 2015!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥