Someone got a shirt dress

dress: Urban Outfitters
necklace: Forever 21, gifted
jacket: Blue Rivet
booties: Urban Outfitters

TGIF. I've had a very long work week, and I'm looking for a weekend of enjoying some quiet time at home. I'll probably venture out to see the final Hobbit movie and finish reading Horns. I'm still holding on to the final episode of Season 2 of "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries," so I might cozy up on the couch with snacks while giggling over the increasingly unbearable sexual tension between Detective InspectorJack Robinson and the Honorable Phryne Fisher. 

So guess what? The gal who always complains about not finding button up shirts that fit properly got herself an actual button up shirt dress. WHAT, right? WHAT indeed. Lately, I've been pushing the boundaries of styles I'm comfortable with, and I really love that I tried this on. I can't wait to play around with it!

Hope you have a great weekend ahead. I am right about to plop my butt down and watch something British on Netflix. It's the weekend- I gotta indulge. 

11 comments:

  1. It looks amazing on you! And have a great relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! New glasses? I'm just chilling for the weekend too. Hope you get loads of lovely kitty snuggles, netflix binging, good treats and chill time with B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I can never find button ups that fit, let alone a shirt dress. And it looks awesome on you...so, bonus!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! And very versatile. I can imagine styling this dress in a dozen ways. Good purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are conflicting messages out there - be yourself; find what you like and stick to it, and be bold; have fun with fashion. I'm glad keeping an open mind allowed you to discover a workable shirtdress. Yay! It looks great. So what was it? Finally hitting on the right brand? Strategic button placement?....I use double-sided tape on my button-up shirtdress, but I also love the never-fail style of my clingly-in-the-right-place wrap style. (BTW, are the glasses new too?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Tracy! i hope you're having a grand weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! And no, these aren't new glasses-- I just very rarely wear them. I have a few pairs I don't usually wear but keep in case the right occasion strikes :) I am having a lovely weekend so far! Hope yours was great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! It just so happened that this fit just fine! I tried tons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! I actually just work it with the "belt" as a ribbon under the collar, so yes, it's very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'm at a point where I know what I like, but I still want to see what's out there and what I can do with it :) I am so happy I found this dress. Not sure about the brand, but this particular dress is just cut for a looser fit, I think, which works for me. The problem is that it's very straight all the way down, so the belt is needed if I want to have a waist. However I like playing with shapes, so that's fine with me. The glasses aren't new-- they're a pair I keep for "special" occasions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look chic and cool and a little badass. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥