Thanksgiving 2014


1. At the eve of the long weekend, snow happened. My heart was overjoyed. My boots were ruined.
2. Pandae was happy that for 4 days, he would be getting petted morning, noon, and night. He just doesn't like showing happiness.
3. A Thanksgiving feast for two. Homemade everything. 
4. Post indulging, I poured out candles. Scents: mulled cider, pumpkin, pine. Re-reading James, just because.
5. Goodbye, snow, for now. Dressed for a long day at the pottery studio on Friday.
6. Lofgeornost is my favorite Old English word. I carved it into a dish. Fingers crossed it turns out ok after glaze firing.
7. Small Business Saturday shopping with B at the Rock N Roll Craft Show. Got some presents checked off my list!
8. Sunday mornings are for pottery. Vanilla Americanos are my new poison, sipped while finishing my "No Shit, Sherlock" dish.
9. Small sips of a strawberry milkshake. B took this photo, and it looks like I just woke up. But the truth is, I just hate combing my hair.
10. My neighbor put out these lanterns. I'm inspired to decorate for Chrismas. I contemplate Krampus ornaments.
11. Tried out Fozzie's Sandwich Emporium for lunch. I got the Club Veg-- roasted peppers, zucchini, eggplant, baba ganoush, chevre, and fake bacon that look like dog treats.  But the "dog treats" were delish.
12. Finished a few hats to give as presents and made a couple for myself as well. 

15 comments:

  1. Looks perfect...am glad you had a great time :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cat is beyond adorable. I swear I will never tire of looking at awesome photos.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great Thanksgiving weekend! The kitty picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photo diary and hope you had a nice weekend! The hat looks so pretty! xo akiko

    Style Imported

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hats are adorable! I've never made one with a pompom before. Super cute! We had a small Thanksgiving with just the two of us, too. I find them relaxing, and we can make just what we want to make...ah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Pandae is a spoiled cat. It doesn't help that I fall for his face every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure was, Heather! Isn't Pandae the cutest?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Akiko! I did have a great weekend! and I'm obsessed with making hats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks! that's a great deal coming from a knitting master as yourself. I LURVE pom poms-- especially if they are HUGE. I love them so much, I actually got a pom pom maker so I can make MORE! . Isn't it great to have quiet Thanksgiving? B and I have been doing it for the past 7 years, and we wouldn't want to do it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HATS!! I love those hats! So adorable. Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And I love your No Shit Sherlock dish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely pictures and I hope you had a nice time. What a sweet kitty cat.
    http://tia-cherie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the thanksgiving round up! obvi the kitty and the food are the best, but ive had that fakinbacon before.. its questionable. the hairs are super cute, even unbrushed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a wonderful time. i need to make candles too! i've been meaning to make beeswax and lavender but just haven't gotten around to it. and i love your knit hats! i bought some yarn on impulse yesterday and i can't wait for them to arrive! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. That pair of hats is cute as a button! And I almost melted into the floor seeing that plate of Thanksgiving heaven!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥