New winter skin products


Over the holiday season is when I usually start a new/different skin care regimen. At that time, the temperatures have drastically changed and my skin starts drying up and breaking out. It's an opportune time for me because that's when Sephora comes out with plenty of skincare kits, and I kid you not-- I spend hours browsing online and trying/sniffing products in store. 

Last month, I picked up the Unwrap Your Radiance collection since I really wanted to try something novel. It turned out, their formulation is just way too harsh for my skin (lots of burns, redness, and uber dryness) So I exchanged the set for a starter kit of the Shiseido Ibuki line, which is supposed to help with stress and moisture. I've been using it for a couple weeks now, and I absolutely love it. It's gentle, very moisturizing, and smells so relaxing. I alternate the cleanser with the Pureness deep cleansing foam, and I opt for the White Lucent Softener in the evenings. 

I also picked up a new makeup remover! I have sworn by Lush's Ultrabland for a couple years now, but! I think I am liking Boscia's Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil a lot more. I small pump takes off all my makeup and makes my skin feel smooth and supple! No oily residue, and it's a lot easier to work with than Ultrabland. Plus, cute packaging. 

Lastly, I tried out Lancome's Teint Miracle, since I needed a new foundation. (My summer/fall foundation was Shiseido Sheer and Perfect, and I only ever use one foundation at a time, so I wait until I am totally out before buying more.) I prefer a sheer/light coverage, and this was perfect! I recently discovered for myself the wizardry that is the Beauty Blender, and the combination of both foundation and blender makes my skin feel and look pretty!  

12 comments:

  1. Nice! I remember really like Teint Miracle too-I should get it again! When I start wearing foundations again though LOL. It's a really pretty foundation! And Yay to the Beauty Blender! It's been my weapon of foundation application for years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look marvellous the Shiseido line is one I've been wanting to try and I always forget. My sin gets drier in the winter and, but going well so far. We'll see though. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously think I have a Sephora addiction....it's a problem.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm totally looking for a new skin regiment as well. the one i used for the summer is too harsh for the winter months. glad your choices worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm enjoying my beauty blender, too! I liked that Boscia oil but I rotate through whatever is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe it's only now that I tried the BB-- it's pretty freaking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is my go-to line these days. It's great for my sensitive skin and smells really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad they did too! If you haven't already tried, I really would recommend Shiseido-- they have lots of lines to choose from depending on your skin concern, and they have always been really great on my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe I haven't ever tried the BB until now! I looooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooohh I love trying out new products. I wish we had Sephora here, it would make trying out new products so much easier! I liked reading you swear by the lush makeup remover, I looooveee Lush

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love shiseido products, but they are very pricey. i sometimes treat myself to their sunscreen, but would love to try their entire line someday.

    ReplyDelete

your comments make my day. thanks! ♥